We are seeking a Construction Project Manager Apprentice/Intern to join our team of creative professionals in Naperville, IL.
Finished Basement Company is the nation’s largest firm specializing in basement design and finish. RE…REthink REmodel (http://www.rethinkremodel.com) is the upstairs residential remodel division of our firm. We have been specializing in this wonderful niche for over 17 years and look forward to growing our team! Twice voted as one of the Best Places to Work by Professional Builder magazine, we offer a workplace where we:
- Surround ourselves with talented, ambitious, and creative people who get things done
- Are fanatically devoted to customer service
- Are fanatically devoted to our employees
Because our team does what they do so well, we have been featured in numerous local and national publications, including the History Channel show, Modern Marvels. We have busy design centers in Maple Grove, Minnesota, Naperville, IL and Denver, Colorado.
If you were to join our team, you would be working with our award-winning design and construction team creating spaces that become the most fun part of a home. We have been awarded the prestigious national awards, including the coveted Chrysalis award, and local design and construction honors through NARI and home builders’ associations. While some clients like funky design, others prefer traditional spaces. Overall, it’s never the same and always a challenge to create the perfect space… a space that the client loves and a space that sells!
We are searching for an apprentice or intern project manager to support the construction of our clients’ projects. Our project managers are responsible for FANATICAL customer service. Our project managers communicate daily with homeowners and manage the production side of their projects. They partner with our design team to ensure that Finished Basement Company commitments are executed in the construction process. Overall, our project managers bring all projects in on time, on budget, and receive fantastic homeowner satisfaction scores.
Our apprentice/intern project managers will report to the lead project manager. Project managers report directly to the Division President or Business Manager. The project manager works collaboratively with the design team, purchasing and accounting.
Performance Objectives: The Apprentice/Intern project manager will support the project manager who:
- Enjoys numbers! Intern will focus on estimating and pricing of projects
- Works cooperatively with our design/sales team, including visiting project pre-sale
- Manages customer service on all assigned projects and communicate with our homeowner on a daily basis
- Manages all project timelines and project profitability
- Schedules tradepartners for each project, completing walk through, snap layouts and daily clean up
- Coordinates and update tradepartners as needed
- Communicates and administer all change orders
- Collects all assigned scheduled payments and change order payments
- Orders all necessary selections in a timely manner
- Ensures all client selections are completed in a timely manner
- Performs site visits on a daily basis
- Successful candidates will possess at least 1 year of residential new home construction experience
- Currently pursuing or recently received Construction Management degree
- Excel knowledge required; other Microsoft software knowledge required
Hours: This role is 20-40 hours per week.
Compensation: We value our employees! Apprentice/Intern project managers can earn school credit or a competitive hourly wage.