We are seeking a Residential Construction Project Manager to join our team of creative professionals in Naperville, IL.
Finished Basement Company is the nation’s largest firm specializing in basement design and finish. RE…REthink REmodel (http://www.rethinkremodel.com) is the upstairs residential remodel division of our firm. We have been specializing in this wonderful niche for 15 years and look forward to growing our team! Twice voted as one of the Best Places to Work by Professional Builder magazine, we offer a workplace where we:
- Surround ourselves with talented, ambitious, and creative people who get things done
- Are fanatically devoted to customer service
- Are fanatically devoted to our employees
Because our team does what they do so well, we have been featured in numerous local and national publications, including the History Channel show, Modern Marvels. We have busy design centers in Maple Grove, Minnesota, Naperville, IL and Denver, Colorado.
If you were to join our team, you would be working with our award-winning design and construction team creating spaces that become the most fun part of a home. We have been awarded the prestigious national awards, including the coveted Chrysalis award, and local design and construction honors through NARI and home builders’ associations. While some clients like funky design, others prefer traditional spaces. Overall, it’s never the same and always a challenge to create the perfect space… a space that the client loves and a space that sells!
Our project managers are responsible for FANATICAL customer service. Our project managers communicate daily with homeowners and manage the production side of their projects. They partner with our design team to ensure that Finished Basement Company commitments are executed in the construction process. Overall, our project managers bring all projects in on time, on budget, and receive fantastic homeowner satisfaction scores.
Our project managers report directly to the Division President or Business Manager. The project manager works collaboratively with the design team, purchasing and accounting.
Performance Objectives: The effective project manager will:
- Work cooperatively with our design/sales team, including visiting project pre-sale
- Manage customer service on all assigned projects and communicate with our homeowner on a daily basis
- Manage all project timelines and project profitability
- Schedule tradepartners for each project, completing walk through, snap layouts and daily clean up
- Coordinate and update tradepartners as needed
- Communicate and administer all change orders
- Collect all assigned scheduled payments and change order payments
- Ensure all client selections are completed in a timely manner
- Perform site visits on a daily basis
- Successful candidates will possess at least 5 years of residential new home construction experience
- A Construction Management degree is preferred
- Excel knowledge required; other Microsoft software knowledge required
- Estimating experience required
- Compliance with employment policies, including the display of Finished Basement Company magnets on the doors of their vehicle, in return for receipt of a vehicle allowance.
We value our employees! Project managers earn a competitive base salary, as well as a gas and cell phone allowance. We offer a competitive benefits package, including vacation, medical insurance, life insurance, optional dental and vision and a generous 401(k) plan. Eligibility for 401(k) plan participation available after 1st year’s employment.